A single mother-of-one, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer, held a beautiful wedding reception at her local church, without a groom as she said that the event was a celebration of her life. With her young son Riley by her side as pageboy, Ms Adams slipped in to a strapless white gown and celebrated the precious moments she has left with those she loves the most.
Her condition was terminal and left untreated Ms Adams would have just one or two months. Chemotherapy would prolong her life by a year.
The diagnosis was devastating, and she found it hard to imagine Riley growing up without her. Her next wish is to live long enough to see Riley celebrate his second birthday. 'I've already bought his 21st birthday present - a Saint Christopher to watch over him,' she said in an interview.
While little Riley is too young to understand his mother's condition Ms Adams plans to leave behind diaries, photos and letters to help him get to know her. 'Now I just want to cherish the joy in each day with the people I love,' she said.




No comments:
Post a Comment